Generac Direct Installation
Generator Power Delivered
Never worry about power outages again! The new Direct Installation program makes getting a home standby generator simple.
A standby generator is a big investment. With Direct Installation, you'll get a certified, factory-trained Generac installer to deliver and set up your generator, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
With the generator installation package, you and your family will enjoy total security, convenience, and peace-of-mind from your new home backup generator.
Direct Installation Benefits
- Budget-Friendly Financing: Competitive financing offers through Synchrony puts buying a home standby generator and installation within your reach!
- Total Peace-of-Mind Warranty: Direct Installation comes with a 1-year workmanship and 5-year manufacturer's warranty, so you can rest assured your generator will last for years to come.
- Free, No-Risk Inspection: Your Installer will perform a free site inspection before scheduling the installation to verify you're getting the right equipment and uncover any issues that could complicate your installation. You can walk away with no questions asked if it turns out not to be what you expected.
- Guaranteed Professional Installation: Only Generac-authorized installers are in our network. Who better to install your Generac standby generator?
- Transparent Pricing: You’ll know what you’re paying for every step of the way — no hidden fees or tricks.
- Fast Service: A professional will contact you within hours of your request to begin the process.
- Optional In-Home Consultation: You can opt to have a free, in-home consultation to cover any questions or concerns about the installation and product.
- No Shipping Headaches: No need to ship the generator to your home and deal with freight; the installer will bring your product on installation day.
- Complete, One-Stop Solution: You can purchase your Generac generator, accessories, and installation all in one place, from the comfort of home.
How to Begin Your Generator Installation
Launching your whole house generator installation starts with the push of a button.
- Order your Generac generator online or via phone, select Installation, and schedule a free in-home consultation if you choose.
- Download the Homee App and follow the setup instructions found in your confirmation email.
- Request your free on-site inspection via the Homee App.
After requesting your inspection, a factory-trained installer will be in touch within a few hours to schedule it at a time that works for you.
The purpose of the inspection is to make sure everything is correct for the installation.
The installer will:
- Determine the location of your standby generator and automatic transfer switch.
- Check that you ordered the right equipment.
- Confirm the proper fuel and electric supply.
If everything checks out, your installer will apply for a permit from your local municipality. The wait time and permit cost will depend on location and seasonality. Your technician will maintain regular communication with you and schedule installation once the permit is granted.
Should your installer identify any issues not covered by the installation, they will let you know, like the need for extra electric wire or gas line, a propane tank, a raised platform, custom labor, etc.
When the big day finally arrives, your Generac installer will bring all the materials to your home.
View our scope of work for a full overview of what is included and not included in the installation. Soon enough, you will have the peace-of-mind knowing your home's power is backed up, and your family is safe from power outages.
Direct Installation is the simplest, most convenient way to get a home standby generator installed. If you have any additional questions, please contact a generator expert at 1 (800) 800-3317.